The Color of Fall -- Saffron








I don't usually wear a lot of yellow, unless of course it's in a great lemon print. But I have seen a lot of saffron hued items for fall and I am loving all of them! Fall is usually all about the warm neutrals and jewel tones. That's why I am so excited to see this unexpected dose of color.

I stumbled on this little Topshop dress while strolling through Nordstrom last week. I was immediately drawn to the color, but I also loved the slip look. Slip dresses are the perfect 90s throw back when layered with a blouse (or t-shirt on more casual days) underneath. Instead of a 90's choker, however, I opted for an over-sized pussy bow.

Did you notice the shoes? These glitter platforms are so fun! And, they are from my favorite shoe company -- Melissa Shoes. If you read here regularly, then you have definitely heard me sing the praises of Melissa Shoes. They are a special PVC plastic making them the most durable and comfortable shoes I have found for travel (seen here and here this summer). Seriously, disregard everything you think you know about plastic shoes.

While I was abroad this summer Melissa reached out to me and said they wanted to send me some shoes from their fall line. Obviously, I was very excited about this! I expected a pair or two and could not believe my eyes when two giant boxes showed up on my door step. They have some really great styles for fall and I can't wait to share more. Honestly, these glitter platforms are not something I would wear often, but I think they are so fun for styling a look like this or a night out. I love the height they give while still being comfortable.

But back to my favorite color for this fall. I definitely want to add a couple more saffron pieces to my fall wardrobe. I have rounded up some of my current favorites below.

dress // blouse (similar) // c/o shoes // bag 

Do you dare to wear saffron this fall?


SHOP THE SAFFRON TREND:



Labels: , , , , , ,